What is Polymorph?
Polymorph is a thermoplastic polymer which melts at 62°C and consists of small off-white plastic granules. By heating these granules in hot water the user can easily melt the pellets to form a transparent flexible material. Once melted the opaque white pellets fuse together, become transparent and soften, allowing the user to form the plastic by hand into unique shapes.
Polymorph is completely re-usable, allowing it to become flexible again once heated above 62°C, at which point it will revert back to a mouldable condition, allowing it to be re-formed into a different shape or product. Polymorph is completely biodegradable in soil conditions and is 100% non-toxic. It can be coloured using our powder additives or painted when hardened.
How do I use Polymorph ?
- Simply heat the pellets in water to over 62°C (only use water)
- Leave the pellets to melt in the water until they turn transparent.
- Remove the pellets from the water and mould by hand (add colour at this stage if required)
- Allow the Polymorph to cool until solid.
- Re-heat if further moulding is required.
What can I use Polymorph for?
Polymorph has unlimited uses, from prototyping new
products, creating gadgets and toys to forming replacement parts and general
DIY repairs. This is the strongest Polymorph available on the market and its
immense strength makes its DIY possibilities huge. Adding colour to Polymorph
or painting finished products allows an even more impressive range of shapes
and ideas to be created.